Map not functioning on webform

07-23-2017 09:36 AM
ICFAdmin
New Contributor II

I've created a reporting form to use on a website and it seems to work pretty well. Except, I cannot get the geopoint to collect data. When I try it on my phone using the app it works fine. I can move the location of the map after it automatically finds my current location so I can put it on the location I want to record. However, on the webform, the map does not seem to record the new location.

For example, when I move the map to a new location, I see no corresponding change in the latitude or longitude. Also, if I use the search box to "jump to" a location, the map does not update. 

I tried just moving the map to a location and hoped it was recording the location even though it was not showing it. In the end, the map put the point in my default location and not the location I choose with the map. 

Here is a link to the form:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/86cfaa95ffe74bc4925f537a2364ca1f 

I've tried in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE and have the same results in all.

I don't think there is much I can do from my end - it appears to be a programming issue. I would be happy to rebuild the form if that will help.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ICFAdmin
New Contributor II

NOTE: I tested this with another Survey123 Webform and had the same issues. In both cases I built the form using the XLS spreadsheet and Survey123 Connect. When I build a form via the Survey123 website (simple way) and open it, the mapping function works as expected.

Joseph_Kinyon
Occasional Contributor II
Confirming that I observed the same behavior.

1. "For example, when I move the map to a new location, I see no corresponding change in the latitude or longitude"
I noticed this only happens for Decimal Degrees, all the other coordinate systems update and you record that location using the selection on the map
(
This might be a related to a pulldata function that is currently being fixed).

2.  "If I use the search box to "jump to" a location, the map does not update"  I'm confirming this to be the case for me also in Chrome on Windows 10 

Joe
0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting. We will look into this issue.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Quick update. We have a fix for  this issue  and we will move  to production as soon as we can.

ScottKiley

Thanks Ismael Chivite,

I was having the same problem, so I updated Survey123 and Connect to the current release and republished my survey. Now the Survey errors when loading in the webform and the map fails to display (https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/96e92c0dabfd4b0a9e2f5c297ef558b8).

Also, when viewing the the data tab on the form in the Survey123 web site the site spins and spins.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Ismael Chivite‌, Do you have an idea on when this fix will be made? We're contemplating rolling back to a previous version, but cannot find installation files. Thanks.

ScottKiley

We tried many things and determined that the only way correct this issue was to practically build a new form from scratch. I say practically, because we used the workflow to create a new Survey123 with existing feature service. The app works as expected now.

We had to add the following back in: 1) Anything that isn't a field (supporting images notes, etc.); 2) Everything to the right of the first 3 columns in the XLS Form (Hints, Constraints, Defaults, etc.); 3) Copy the choices list back to the worksheet.

There is still a problem with certain defaults, though. We were unable to put simple text defaults back in without getting the attached Form Logic error message.

Form Logic Error Message

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

The map issue described above isn't one that can be fixed by the survey author- we will be updating the web form code tonight to address it.  

In terms of supplying text defaults, are they within quotation marks?

ScottKiley

Thanks James,‌

It's good to hear that there will be an update tonight.

We tried adding quotes to the text defaults and it didn't work. I thought we tried both single and double quotes. Which do you recommend we use?

Scott

0 Kudos