lost xlsform

11-14-2018 01:48 PM
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

Hi, my folder with the xlsform became corrupted and the files were lost.  I was able to download all the files except the xlsform from survey123.arcgis.com.  Is there a way to recover the xlsform from any of the other data or via ArcGIS Online?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. If you still have the survey published in ArcGIS, you can recover the XLSFile as follows:

1. With Connect:
    1. Login into your ArcGIS org using Survey123 Connect and the user that originally published the survey
    2. Your survey will appear in Connect. Click to download and then open the Survey directory to get to the XLSFile
  2. With the Survey123 App
    1. Download the Survey123 Field app for Windows
    2. Login into the app and download your survey. You can login with any user that  has access to the survey
    3. Go into your user folder. For example: C:\Users\YourUserName\ArcGIS\My Surveys and look for the last downloaded folder. Inside that folder you will find the XLSFile

Alternatively, if you conserve a device with the survey, you can extract the file from your device as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ismael,

I found that your suggestion works on 1 of 2 surveys I tried as well downloading using Survey123 Connect works but not in all cases.  I didn't dive into find out what is different about these.  The user recreated the Survey in her case because the xlsform didn't download.   She didn't try a device but is a good option.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Brian,  for the remaining survey that you cannot download, it may be best to open a  Tech Support case so an analyst can look at the particulars of your environment in more detail.

0 Kudos