Login Credentials are Lost When I Lose Cellular

02-14-2018 07:58 PM
MikeCooperstein1
New Contributor

Has anyone else had any issues with their field crews losing their login credentials in Survey123 when their devices go out of cellular range? It's making it very difficult for some of my field crews to work offline. Most are using iPhones. I have asked them to check to make sure all of the applications as well as the OS on their phones are up to date. Just wondering if this is just us or if anyone else has had issues and if so anyone has come up with a solution? 

survey123 mobile‌

survey123

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike - this looks to be a bug. We are looking into this.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are your crews using iDevices?  We have people that lose credentials in Collector on iDevices.  I have my Android phone and I have gone through several updates and password changes and have yet to have an issue with staying logged in.

0 Kudos
MikeCooperstein1
New Contributor

Robert yes they are iPhones mostly. I need to make sure their mobile applications are up to date and have them test it again or go and see if I can replicate it myself. It may be isolated to a certain network in a certain location I'm just not sure. Interesting that it is happening in Collector for you. Have you found any workarounds?

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

The only work around we have found that works is to not use iPhones or iPads. 

However, I am thinking it is a security setting in iDevices that we have not figured out.

One of the techs with an iPhone 6 we had him uninstall Collector and reinstall it and he has not complained about any issues since.  He was also not able to attaché photos when everyone else could.

0 Kudos