Locking a survey

03-02-2020 07:26 AM
SMa
by
New Contributor II

Can you lock certain parts of a survey once answered and submitted? Then go back to revise the unanswered while maintaining the lock??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sherry,

One suggestion would be to control the access to the records by the user role.

You could have a group of users who only have the permission of "Only add new records" to the survey.

Share survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Then use another user role to have Add, update and delete records permission to edit the survey after the survey is submitted.

0 Kudos
SMa
by
New Contributor II

I'm looking for access to be two users on the same survey.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  

Briefly the workflow would be first user fills out > second user adds to the unanswered questions only > then first user goes back and updates what they have answered.  Currently I have this separated into two surveys so that the second user would be provided a printed pdf of the first survey for reference to answer the second survey.  I would rather it be one survey just like how the group currently has their pdf version of this as it is an official organization document.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sherry,

Based on your description, two users would need both add and update permissions to the survey and currenltly we don't control the records access at question level per user. If you only use one Survey, users who have the same permision would have the same access to the records. A similar question was asked before and maybe you can check to see if you could use the same approach:

https://community.esri.com/thread/227150-locking-a-survey-in-the-outbox