Location Status error Survey123

06-26-2020 02:37 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using Survey123  connect  (v3.9) to create a form when I test it out I am seeing the error Location Status a triangle with exclamation point there is No data in any of the fields, I have published the data & taken it out to the field but cannot submit any data records. Only 1 question in the form has a geopoint field & it is not a required question. What can be done to resolve this error?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ophelia

Generally, the warning icon for location status means the Survey123 field app is not receiving any position information. A common reason for this is if location services are disabled on your device, or if you have denied the Survey123 field app permission to access location services. Could you please double-check both of these in your device's settings and try again?

If the problem persists - which version of the field app are you using, and on which device?

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am Using Survey123 connect version 3.9 to create the survey & I see the error when I view the survey on my desktop as well when out in the field with the latest version of the app on apple tablet. Yes location services are on the tablet as they have previously collected with a different version of the survey. This error occurs prior to deploying out in the field as a test I cannot submit any surveys as the error persists.

Ophelia Dagenais

Government of Saskatchewan

Geomatics Land Data Administrator

Park Management Services: Parks, Culture and Sport

2- 3211 Albert Street

Regina, Canada S4S 5W6

Bus: 306-787-2047

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail (and any attachment) was intended for a specific recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure. Any privilege that exists is not waived. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy or distribute it to another person or use it for any other purpose. Please delete it and advise me by return e-mail or telephone. Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done some trouble shooting with our IT dept., apparently the new computer that was recently deployed did not have location services turned on, & I could not change the setting because of administration restrictions. I've worked with our IT dept. to change this & it seems to work now.

Thanks for your time

Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ophelia, great to hear the issue is resolved.

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos