Link to features from Survey

Jump to solution
12-03-2020 07:18 AM
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Good Morning,

Our workflow is such that a supervisor finds work in the field and fills out a Survey123 form to assign the work to various crews. An email is generated notifying the crew that a new work assignment has been created for them with a link to that feature in Survey123. 

Often there are pictures included in the survey and it would be extremely helpful for everyone if there was a way to view these pictures. I don't believe there is currently a way for Survey123 users to view attachments (If I'm wrong then this would be the best option). I created a web app with the intent to link to the feature from Survey123 so the users could view attachments in the popup. 

After creating the link in a note field, I am receiving an error that there has been a problem trying to replace ${objectid} with the XPath to the survey element and there is no element with this name.

Currently the crews have to exit survey123, open collector or the web app and find the feature to view pictures. and then return to Survey123 to finish the form. This is obviously cumbersome, does anyone have an easier way to view photos in the survey?

Thank you,

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

That's correct, there is no "Inbox" for the web app, but you can embed a survey in a Dashboard or in Web App Builder and display the list of surveys and then have users click on them to open and edit via a URL.

There is no set timeline for release of viewing attachments in Inbox in field app, however it is currently in the roadmap for 2021.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Viewing or editing of attachments for existing records via the Inbox is currently not supported in the field app. This is something we have on our roadmap to support in the future. As you mention, you can view the attachments in Collector or another app for that same feature.

Another alternative is to use the Survey123 web app or website to view existing records and view and edit attachments in the survey. Is using the web app in a browser an option?

See https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/get-answers/editexistingdata.htm or https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-web-form-url-param... or https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-records-in... for more information.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil, I currently use pulldata () in the form but it's not critical so I could remove it and have them use the webform. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no "Inbox" or Map functionality for the webform to load existing records so we would be back to jumping between applications again.

Maybe I'll look into creating an experience builder project with an embedded survey. Any chance that viewing attachments in the field app is coming soonish?

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

That's correct, there is no "Inbox" for the web app, but you can embed a survey in a Dashboard or in Web App Builder and display the list of surveys and then have users click on them to open and edit via a URL.

There is no set timeline for release of viewing attachments in Inbox in field app, however it is currently in the roadmap for 2021.

Regards,

Phil.