Likert data discrepancy in export

Jump to solution
08-21-2018 04:21 PM
LouiseB_Esri
Regular Contributor

I created my survey in the Survey123 web app. When I export my data from the data tab into Excel I am seeing that the data changes for one of my questions and does not reflect the respondents answer. 

The question type is Likert with a scale of 1-10 as the options to choose. In my Data tab online i can see when people have chosen 10. When I download this data as an xls this answer is being displayed as choice9 and not choice10 to reflect what I can see in the online response. 

Is this an issue with how the likert question has been configured in the survey?

Community Moderator,
Esri Community Team
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Louise,

Single-choice questions like likert use a coded value lookup that separates the value stored from the value shown.  In this case, the values stored are most likely choice0, choice1, choice2, etc. - if you have a 1-10 scale, the corresponding choice would be choice9 (0-9 vs 1-10).  This is configurable when publishing a survey on the website via the 'Manage Schema' link - that enables customization of field names and choice values.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Louise,

Single-choice questions like likert use a coded value lookup that separates the value stored from the value shown.  In this case, the values stored are most likely choice0, choice1, choice2, etc. - if you have a 1-10 scale, the corresponding choice would be choice9 (0-9 vs 1-10).  This is configurable when publishing a survey on the website via the 'Manage Schema' link - that enables customization of field names and choice values.

LouiseB_Esri
Regular Contributor

Thanks James that makes sense and I'll definitely modify the schema for future surveys to adjust that field value to match the answer when using 1-10 scale.

Community Moderator,
Esri Community Team
0 Kudos
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

I just had the same thing happen to me! I will pay attention to that closer for the next survey. 

0 Kudos