Likert data discrepancy in export

Jump to solution
08-21-2018 04:21 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created my survey in the Survey123 web app. When I export my data from the data tab into Excel I am seeing that the data changes for one of my questions and does not reflect the respondents answer. 

The question type is Likert with a scale of 1-10 as the options to choose. In my Data tab online i can see when people have chosen 10. When I download this data as an xls this answer is being displayed as choice9 and not choice10 to reflect what I can see in the online response. 

Is this an issue with how the likert question has been configured in the survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Louise,

Single-choice questions like likert use a coded value lookup that separates the value stored from the value shown.  In this case, the values stored are most likely choice0, choice1, choice2, etc. - if you have a 1-10 scale, the corresponding choice would be choice9 (0-9 vs 1-10).  This is configurable when publishing a survey on the website via the 'Manage Schema' link - that enables customization of field names and choice values.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Louise,

Single-choice questions like likert use a coded value lookup that separates the value stored from the value shown.  In this case, the values stored are most likely choice0, choice1, choice2, etc. - if you have a 1-10 scale, the corresponding choice would be choice9 (0-9 vs 1-10).  This is configurable when publishing a survey on the website via the 'Manage Schema' link - that enables customization of field names and choice values.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James that makes sense and I'll definitely modify the schema for future surveys to adjust that field value to match the answer when using 1-10 scale.

0 Kudos
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

I just had the same thing happen to me! I will pay attention to that closer for the next survey. 

0 Kudos