Issues with prepopulate all fields (set as favorite answers) - Survey123

12-13-2019 09:58 AM
FlorenciaPineiro
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I´m working with a XLSform based on an existing feature service in ArcGIS Enterprise. One of the fields of the XLSform contains a field which stores an ID. It´s important for us to preserve the original value of this ID.

We have an issue when an user creates a new element using the application and paste data which provide from "set as favorite answer". This step doesn´t preserve the original value of the ID (in this case is null because it´s a new element).

May you help us to avoid this problem? Attached is the XLSform.

Florencia

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Florencia,

I had a look at your xlsx file, which ID field are you referring to exactly? Is it "id_objeto"? If so, can you explain in more details how you are populating this field, as I notice it is a read only note field?

Is this field being populated via a custom URL scheme being launched from another application, or are you opening the existing feature from the Inbox which has existing values for this field?

If you are using the Inbox or custom URL scheme, then how are you using the favorite answers? Favorite answers are used to pre-populate a new survey record with values that were saved as part of a previous survey draft. Therefore, if you use this as well as existing values from an existing record, they will conflict and the favorite answer will over-write the existing value as they are being applied after the existing value is loaded..

Phil.

0 Kudos
FlorenciaPineiro
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

The field which contains the ID is id_objeto. I´m sorry about the form is in spanish.

We open the application with Survey123 and we have two possibilities. We can create a feature or edit an existing one from the Inbox. The existing features contain an ID in id_objeto field.

I´m testing the application in the following way. Imagine a person in the field with this app editing an existing feature from the Inbox and setting favorite answers for all the fields. This would be the worst situation. Then, imagine the same person creating a feature and pasting the favourite answers. Thus, the id_object field will contain a wrong value.

I know that using favorite answers from an existing record to a new feature will conflict the quality of the information. So, I would like to know if there´s a solution to avoid populate at least id_objeto field to mantain the consistency of the system. I configured this field as read-only just to try to avoid this but it didn´t work. 

Florencia

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Florencia,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. In this case and your workflow it is not possible. The only way I think you can make this work is when you save the favorite answers, leave the ID field blank, so it does not get saved with a favorite, and then when you paste the favorite answers that field will remain blank and you can type in a value, and make it required and not read only.

Phil.

0 Kudos