Issue with related tables - FOREIGN KEY constraint

02-21-2022 10:19 AM
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempted to insert a new record into a "grandchild table" via URL. I pass in the GUID into the foreign key field that links up with the Parent globalID. Upon submitting the survey, I receive the following error:

Failed to submit. Hide details

• - The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "REL_FK_XXXX_SCHEMA_XXXX_0". The conflict occurred in database "db_1908", table "user_1908.XXX_SCHEMA_XXXX", column 'GlobalID'. The statement has been terminated.

Everything works fine if I delete the parent-to-grandchild geodatabase relationship. If I have relationships between parent and child and then child and grandchild everything is good. But as soon as I try to have a relationship between parent-child and parent-grandchild, I get the error above.

Stranglely, I can add records to the grandchild directly from the parent just fine in Field Maps, so this seems to be unique to Survey123.

One option is just to adapt a workflow without these multiple relationships, but I'd prefer to keep them if possible.

3 Replies
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Hi PaulPeterson1.  I would love to hear if you found a solution.  I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, no.

0 Kudos
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Same message here.

I have a many-to-many relationship involved in editing session

0 Kudos