Is there a way to have a question defaulted to selected for a cascading select one question, regardless of which option is selected?

09-08-2017 08:13 AM
MorganTitus1
New Contributor II

Instead of having to specify a specific default value, it would be nice to just have the answer pre-selected.  I only have one option for each cascading select by the way...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Morgan,

We currently don't autopopulate a cascading select when it has only one value.  If you have a situation where there is a 1:1 relationship between the filtering and cascaded values, it might make sense to support this via a pulldata() lookup system rather than a cascading select.

MorganTitus1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your quick response.  So with this pulldata () function could you default the answer to always be selected, no matter which look up is used?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Morgan,

Based on what you've described, I wouldn't be using a dropdown/autocomplete question, as the selection actually happens on the previous question (if there is only one choice after filtering).  Instead, I would use a text question using pulldata to look up the values - see Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information.

0 Kudos