Is there a way to change the message or redirect the browser after users submit data?

02-19-2019 09:58 AM
KileyHeaps
New Contributor

Hello, I am hoping to find out if there is a way to change the message the users get after they submit the survey form, or alternatively if there is a way to redirect the browser to another webpage after submission. The attached image shows what the submission message/page is by default. 

This is the current page users see after submitting the form.

I would like to add links for takers to easily share the survey on social media platforms, via email, or the like. Alternatively, maybe there is a way to redirect the participants to my website which has information about the survey and research project directly after submission.

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated. 

I initially embedded links within the survey form, however it redirects using the same tab the survey is using rather than opening a new tab for the link. This does not seem like a good option rather a possible way to lose previously recorded data in the form. 

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kiley,

How did you publish the survey, via Connect or Web Designer? Currently in version 3.2 it is only possible to edit the Thank you screen message for surveys created in Web Designer, this is available on the Settings page when editing the survey design. You can add links to other website, images and other font formatting, all using the tool bar available in the edit window as below.

However, that being said, in the next release of Survey123 (due next week) version 3.3 will support editing the Thank you screen for surveys created from Connect. Please keep an eye out for this update if you are using Connect and want to edit this message:

Regards,

Phil.

KatherineBudreski
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

Was this update included in the v3.3 Connect release? If so, would you be able to provide an example of where to edit the thank you screen? 

Thank you,

Katie

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katherine,

Yes, this was included with the 3.3 release.

0 Kudos
KatherineBudreski
New Contributor II

Excellent, thanks James! Would you be able to provide an example of where that can be edited in v3.3 Connect? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Katherine,

The thank you screen is not set in Connect - go to the web designer page for the survey in the Survye123 website and you'll be able to set it there.

NickN
by
Occasional Contributor

Is there currently anyway to include a link on the thank you page that uses data from the submission itself? For example, one of the webhooks I implemented generates a report on the data submitted, I would ideally like to have a link for the user to download that report on this screen but I'm guessing that's not possible.

Something like Arcade expressions for the submitted data.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Nick,

Currently, the thank you screen does not support a calculation based on the data submitted.  You may want to add your use case to https://community.esri.com/ideas/17116 , which will help track overall interest in this.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KileyHeaps , @NickN 

This is now available on the beta website https://survey123beta.arcgis.com, where you can define the thank you screen content in the XLSForm with dynamic labels  by using a note question named `generated_note_prompt_submitted`, please see the EAC documentation for more details: Define Survey Elements for the Web App in Survey123 Connect. Any feedback is appreciated. 

This feature will be available in the mid-December update for the Survey123 web app.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

when connecting Survey123 with Workforce, is it possible to direct the user back to the workforce app once the survey has been submitted so that they can mark the assignment as complete and move on to the next one? This is for a survey created using the web, not connect.

0 Kudos