Is there a way to access the array of a select_multiple and edit the Boolean values?

03-03-2020 12:04 PM
NicolasAmaya
New Contributor

I am trying to implement an option for the select_multiple type that lets me select everything, so instead of making the user go through all the options just one option that will select them all.

The main issue that I have encountered right now is that I am not able to edit the true/false value of an option. the only work around that I have found is to use default and that way I can set the initial value for the options:

Example:

MyList Choices:

1. one 

2. two

3.three 

4.All 

basically if you select "All" or option 4 all other options should get selected.

Thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

With the lates (3.9) release of Survey123, select_multiple questions can have calculations.  That being said, there is still the presumption that the choices are independent of each other - you would not be able to have a calculation that is based on one of the choices (this would result in a cyclic calculation error).  You could have a calculate question that is set based on the values that automatically includes all values if all is selected and otherwise echo the multiple choice question:

if(selected(${q}, 'all'), "one,two,three", ${q})

0 Kudos
NicolasAmaya
New Contributor

Oh, I will definitely test that. Thanks a lot for the help James 

0 Kudos