Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way that I can add 'Send Email' link using the submitted email address and globalId in Thank You page after submission?

04-21-2024 09:23 PM
KerryKang
Frequent Contributor

Hello, 

I am working on a survey where users will need to send a new survey bi-weekly based on their latest submission. So the idea is having a html link that contains the copy url (mode=copy & using globalId) in the email body, and the email is supplied from the submission.

I think creating email link is possible if I use 'generated_note_prompt_submitted' in the XLS form, but I don't think I can capture globalId within the form. So I tried modify the Thank You page in Design, but it was not successful to add the email components while I could build the copy url (e.g., https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/itemID?&mode=copy&globalId={globalId}.)

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I would look into using webhooks for this, Power Automate is the one I have more experience with and it's part of the Microsoft product suite, Integromat is another option (I believe a free option).

This can definitely be used to send emails using the globalID and whatever else you need for the link, creating it in the email action with any of the dynamic content from the survey. You might even be able to have it delay and send the email 2 weeks later if that would be the best time to give them that link.

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your advice!

Actually my team is looking into Power Automate! I am sure it works seamlessly using that solution. 🙂

Kerry

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Seamlessly might be a little generous, it does work well and have solid integrations, I do run into issues occassionally though.

One of our most used surveys that uses the "When a survey is submitted" trigger I find occassionally (very infrequently, but it does happen) the webhook just never gets triggered at all. I've made this feedback to Esri for them to look into or provide better options for us tracking issues.

It's definitely a powerful tool and I would definitely recommend it for this use! Lots of help out in the Community here to get you going as well.