Is it possible to input a postal code (text) and have a geopoint generated from the field?

06-08-2020 02:32 PM
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

I am creating a survey to capture demographic data and only want the general location of the users. Is there anyway to ask for the zip code and have a geopoint generated from the zip code field?  I prefer not to have a map on the survey, but want where the user lives, not where they filled out the survey from the default geopoint. Thanks.#

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Julie, 

I think you can use pulldata function. You can create lat and long values along with all possible zip codes in csv, and extract lat and long where user input zipcode matches with the one in the csv file. The lat and long information can be stored under two double fields or send it to geopoint as x,y attributes. Since there will be one lat and long for each zipcode, there may be duplicated points created potentially.

Cheers,

K

0 Kudos
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

Thank you Kerry, 

I did use the pull data function and auto populate and that worked very well, but still cannot seem to hide the map (geopoint) in the survey.  I appreciate your assistance.

Be well,

Julie

0 Kudos