Select to view content in your preferred language

indexed-repeat() won't pull values from related table

Jump to solution
12-13-2022 12:45 PM
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

Hello

I have my survey set up as shown in the screenshot. I simply want to display the values from an already existing related record. I'm testing by opening an existing survey with a single related record.

However I get no values in my three text fields upon re-opening this existing record. Instead this present info entered into the repeat in the current session and not the pre-existing values from the related record.

ahargreaves_FW_0-1670965007674.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ahargreaves_FW

Do you have query set in the bind::esri:parameters column for the begin repeat statement? The query statement allows existing related records to be downloaded when opened in the Inbox. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ahargreaves_FW

Do you have query set in the bind::esri:parameters column for the begin repeat statement? The query statement allows existing related records to be downloaded when opened in the Inbox. 

Thank you,
Zach
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@ZacharySutherby thanks so much, that was the issue. However, now I have a new one. As noted in my original post my intent is to display related records, so when a user returns to an existing survey they can see those. However, after adding 'query' in the bind::esri:parameters column now I am unable to create a new survey. I assume this is because the survey is attempting to pull all records for the repeat into its inbox and that I need to get more specific with the 'query' parameter in the bind::esri:parameters column. 

Therefore how do I tell the query not to fire on creation of a new record where there is currently no related/repeat information for the query to return? The only way I can think of is to:

• pull the parentROWID value
  • dynamically form the query using that

However, the query appears to fire upon survey load which is before I have even saved it and thus created a parentROWID.

0 Kudos