Increase Maximum number of records allowed in one print request

Jump to solution
07-30-2021 08:38 AM
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

Is there any plans to increase the maximum number of records allowed in a feature report summary? I run a report each month that shows cumulative totals for the entire year, but this is the first month that we are over 1,000 inspections. 

BenBaker1_0-1627659459944.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenBaker1 

The !important filter will only override what has been inherited from the data page (such as selection, 1000 limitation). If you put the !important at end of your where clause, it should work. e.g. ${Fire.. | where: "inspType=100 ... !important" | stats: "..."} 

Here is my test survey, and I choose to print selected record only:

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1629277030142.png

Here is my template:

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1629277056787.png

Here is my final output, as you can see in the screenshot below, the !important override the selection:

Ruth_JiatengXu_2-1629277172245.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenBaker1 

If you only need to the summary report for all records, you can use the !important filter to ignore the data filter and the this 1000 restriction. Please see the documentation for more information: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereportqueries.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_3...

For example, when you print the summary report using the sample summary template, no matter what you select in panel, you get the actual total record count in the summary report. So if you print summary report using the sample template you should see the total record count equals to 1018 in your case.

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1627990843934.png

If you want to overwrite the selection and the 1000 limitation, use the !important filter. Please note this only works in the summary report, you still cannot print over 1000 individual report at a time.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response Ruth. Unfortunately, I don't think the !important filter will work, because my summary report is set up to populate individual cells in a table by month and inspection type. Thus, the !important filter would override those filters and my table would not be accurate.

BenBaker1_0-1629224258268.png

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenBaker1 

The !important filter will only override what has been inherited from the data page (such as selection, 1000 limitation). If you put the !important at end of your where clause, it should work. e.g. ${Fire.. | where: "inspType=100 ... !important" | stats: "..."} 

Here is my test survey, and I choose to print selected record only:

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1629277030142.png

Here is my template:

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1629277056787.png

Here is my final output, as you can see in the screenshot below, the !important override the selection:

Ruth_JiatengXu_2-1629277172245.png

0 Kudos
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for clarifying, Ruth. I was still trying to create a selection before generating the report, which was exceeding 1,000 records. When I updated the summary report template with !important in each filter and only selected 1 record, the report shows the totals as-expected. Thanks!