Inconsistent responses from nested repeats

Jump to solution
12-07-2019 02:37 PM
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

I have three different nested repeats in my survey which all respond differently.

One nested repeat has a text question with optional photo attachment which works perfectly.

Another nested repeat has a text field (for staff members names) with a select multiple field (for their responsibilities) but when you go back into the survey to edit either their name or tick/untick their responsibilities.

Third instance of nested repeat which acts differently again is a text field which once going back into the survey from Inbox all text reponses for this nested repeat is wiped.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thanks for responding but I figured it out. 

The form is built with the idea in mind of it replacing an existing workflow, so I would enter in the data and users would go into the relevant form that I've pre-filled via Inbox and make any changes if necessary. 

But what was happening the nested repeats were blank each time the survey was opened (via Inbox), this was fixed by entering 'query' into the bind::esri:parameters column.

Much appreciated

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Can you please share a copy of your xslx file and more details about which exact question names have the issues?

Also when you say "go back into the survey", do you mean to edit the record via the Inbox, or do you mean via Drafts (survey not yet submitted) or via the Outbox or Sent box? Please explain further the exact workflow as the editing mode you are using can have different outcomes depending on the configuration of the form query repeat parameters, relevance set on repeats, groups or questions, calculations etc.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thanks for responding but I figured it out. 

The form is built with the idea in mind of it replacing an existing workflow, so I would enter in the data and users would go into the relevant form that I've pre-filled via Inbox and make any changes if necessary. 

But what was happening the nested repeats were blank each time the survey was opened (via Inbox), this was fixed by entering 'query' into the bind::esri:parameters column.

Much appreciated