HTML "a href" tag not working in web form

Jump to solution
05-01-2023 10:53 AM
RichardEasterbrook1
New Contributor II

My survey, created in Connect v3.17.54, populates the "Species URL" (${SpeciesURL}) note question using the pulldata() function from a CSV.  I then expose this URL as a hyperlink in the form as another note question.  Below is what I have in the label column.

Species URL: <a href=${SpeciesURL} target="_blank">${SpeciesURL}</a> 

As you can see from the screenshot below, this works in Survey123 Connect and the desktop application.

RichardEasterbrook1_0-1682962673497.png

In the Survey123 web form, this URL does not work. Only the test in the label of the note field is displayed.

RichardEasterbrook1_1-1682962769051.png

What the heck am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RichardEasterbrook1,

There is a limitation in the webform with regards to updating HTML via question piping. The workaround for this is to calculate the HTML in a separate field using the concat() function. See the attached XLSForm for an example. 

Thank you,
- Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RichardEasterbrook1,

There is a limitation in the webform with regards to updating HTML via question piping. The workaround for this is to calculate the HTML in a separate field using the concat() function. See the attached XLSForm for an example. 

Thank you,
- Barbara

0 Kudos
RichardEasterbrook1
New Contributor II

Barbara,

You are a rock star! I would never had figured this out on my own.  The HTML links now work!  

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you got it working!

0 Kudos