Select to view content in your preferred language

HTML formatting for a link in the label not working

Jump to solution
10-09-2022 11:55 AM
EricPimpler
New Contributor

Hello, when I format an HTML link using Building Condition <a href="https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2006/ficm/content.asp?ContentType=Section&chapter=5&section=5&subsection=4” target="_blank">Guide</a> in the web designer, it appears to function as it should in the canvas builder on the left side of the screen:

EricPimpler_0-1665341565666.png

And then in both the preview and live view of the published app - it only shows the raw HTML text and not the link to the Guide? Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone else have a workaround for this?

EricPimpler_1-1665341619432.png

@ShaneClarke @JanCunningham 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricPimpler
New Contributor

Turns out this was a copy and paste error - the word doc quotation marks are different than the quotation marks that would appear when typed directly into the Survey123 web designer - which threw off the markup language. I deleted the copied quotation marks and typed them in manually in the Label field and this fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricPimpler
New Contributor

Turns out this was a copy and paste error - the word doc quotation marks are different than the quotation marks that would appear when typed directly into the Survey123 web designer - which threw off the markup language. I deleted the copied quotation marks and typed them in manually in the Label field and this fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes this one gets us too, I kept wondering how people got them in there.  Change the setting from the AutoCorrect options.

DougBrowning_0-1665498148649.png

0 Kudos