Select to view content in your preferred language

How to specify default geopoint base map in Survey123 Connect?

10-03-2019 07:11 AM
DanielSzekeres
New Contributor

Using Survey123 Connect.

Added a geopoint question.

In main Survey123 Connect interface selected map options and then specified default coordinates and map background (Streets Map).

When survey gets published and opened in a browser, the base map is the TOPO map.  

Trying to figure how to default to the Streets Map.

Any insights would be appreciated.

43 Replies
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

That worked. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jumping onto this thread as its the closest I have found to an issue I am having. I am able to select the default maps from the basemap chooser for S123 Connect but is there a way of selecting a map created and added into 'linked content'? Currently I have to change manually when doing the survey but want to set this as the default.

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Neil,

With the beta build available in Survey123 EAC site, you should be able to link a webmap from "Linked Content" and refresh Connect(leave and click back the survey) to see the linked maps in the basemap chooser. Once you are able to see the linked map in the basemap chooser under Connect>Settings>Map>basemap chooser, you just select it as your default basemap and publish the survey. Now this basemap should be honor in field app and Connect.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shwu-jing, is this capability supported in Survey123 3.9? It's currently not working for me - just wondering which beta release you are referring to.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erica,

I am referring to the 3.10 beta release, which is available on EAC site. We had fixed quite a few basemap related issues with 3.10 version. Please use 3.10 to give a try.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Any chance there's an estimate for when 3.10 will be released out of Beta?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda,

We are aiming the end of the July for 3.10 release for Connect and Field app. The web release will be updated to 3.10 in the begining of July but the full release for Survey123 will be the end of July.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Great to hear, we can't wait! Thanks so much for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shwu-jing,

I am now using 3.10 and followed your steps but it still does not give me the option of using my basemap as the default?

Neil

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Neil,

Could you check to see if you have selected the Standard map type in Connet?

Please check our online doc for detailed information here:

Include a map in your survey—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

0 Kudos