Select to view content in your preferred language

How to replace/hide the default delete and add button for a repeat question with a question "Do you want to add another feature?"

Jump to solution
05-29-2024 07:22 AM
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hello - I have a Survey123 Connect form that has several repeats in a series of questions.  Instead of the form showing the default delete and add icons symbol,  I would like to remove/hide/replace that default repeat delete and add button and use a question at the end of a repeat to ask the user if they would like to add another feature. If so, react as if a user had selected the plus sign in the default repeat button.

Is this possible in the Survey123 Field App as well as the Web App?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DuncanC
Occasional Contributor

Nope.  The control over the UI Survey123 gives you leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't think you can really do anything beside user training and added notes to clarify how it's intended to work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You can add a note near the end of a repeat (and left/right align the text) to kind of match up with the repeat buttons. But @DuncanC is correct. You cannot change those button defaults.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DuncanC
Occasional Contributor

Nope.  The control over the UI Survey123 gives you leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't think you can really do anything beside user training and added notes to clarify how it's intended to work. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You can add a note near the end of a repeat (and left/right align the text) to kind of match up with the repeat buttons. But @DuncanC is correct. You cannot change those button defaults.