How to include ObjectID in MS Word Report Template?

Jump to solution
07-26-2019 04:11 AM
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to include the feature's ObjectID in the MS Word tempate used for generating a report?

${ObjectID} does not seem to work. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

You may need to check the precise name of the Object ID field.  For example, the field name or a survey published by Survey123 is objectid (all lower case), though the alias is 'ObjectID'.  Therefore, ${objectid} should work in a template.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Create a new attribute and populate it with ObjectID before generating the report

0 Kudos
AdminAccount2

Yes, of course I could do that, but that's not ideal. There's lot's of other hidden fields in there as well that I'd like to know how to access if there's a way to do that without duplicating all those with new fields just so I can print them.

My question remains - Is there a way to access these hidden field types like ObjectID using the correct syntax in the Word template? 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Access the Database via MS Access.  However does not work with File Geodatabase

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

You may need to check the precise name of the Object ID field.  For example, the field name or a survey published by Survey123 is objectid (all lower case), though the alias is 'ObjectID'.  Therefore, ${objectid} should work in a template.

AdminAccount2

Thanks very much James, that worked!

0 Kudos