How to have current location choose from a list

08-22-2018 02:20 PM
SeanAndrews1
New Contributor

I would like to have my current location (geopoint) chose the loaction name from a drop down menu.  I have a csv with the decimal degrees and the location name.  

Name,Lat,Long
Augusta,44.3046,-69.80861165
Amherst,44.30396291,-69.80861165

I have tried using 

pulldata('location','Name','Lat' >= round(${lat},4))

pulldata('location','Name','Lat' = round(${lat},4))

pulldata('location','Name','Lat', ${lat})

pulldata('location','Name','Lat', round(${lat},4)) 

survey

typenamelabelhintconstraintconstraint_messagerequiredrequired_messageappearancedefaultreadonlyrelevantcalculationchoice_filterrepeat_countlabel::language1hint::language1media::audiomedia::imagebody::accuracyThresholdbind::esri:fieldTypebind::esri:fieldLengthbind::esri:fieldAliasbody::esri:inputMaskbind::esri:parametersbind::saveIncompletebind::type
select_one locationLocationLocationminimal
geopointMap_LocaionMap Location
calculatelatpulldata("@geopoint",${Map_Locaion},"y")
calculatelonpulldata("@geopoint",${Map_Locaion},"x")
calculatelat_Calpulldata('location','Lat','Name',${Location})
calculateLoc_Calpulldata('location','Name','Lat', round(${lat},4))
noteG_E> = to location when chosen from dropdown${lat_Cal} >= round(${lat},4)
noteLAT_CAL_NOTEPrint of Lat for drop down location${lat_Cal}
noteLattiudeLattround(${lat},4)
noteLocat_PrintPrint of Location${Loc_Cal}

choices

list_namenamelabel
locationAugustaAugusta
locationAmherstAmherst
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sean,

Reading an entry based on your current location can be tricky.  Rather than deal with lat/lon directly, I might suggest looking at searching by USNG/MGRS coordinates; the pulldata() function to get the coordinate can be set to a specified precision (see Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS; note precision is determined in orders of 10m).  You can then store the appropriate coordinate to lookup in the CSV table (you could in theory include multiple entries if a town stretches over multiple coordinates at the precision level specified).

Another alternative would be to look at functionality in the Early Adopter Community - there is a demonstration of point in polygon lookup there.

0 Kudos