How to Geocode based upon inputted Address

10-25-2016 12:10 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

My form captures the following address fields from attendees that I want to than geocode instead of them having to find their address on a map.

Can this be done?

CERT Address Field

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oscar,

Currently we don't support geocoding within the Survey123 App.  That being said, there's a couple of alternatives, depending on your data or workflow - 

1) Geocoding can be done with the information collected after the collection using Desktop tools or ArcGIS Online.

2) If you have a pre-existing dataset of addresses/buildings (like a Master Address Repository/MAR), you could store the information in a CSV file and use pulldata() to retrieve the information based on a full text address match.

0 Kudos
MatthewMcCloskey
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I was wondering if you had anymore information on this, specifically option 1. My organization has a geocoder that I am hoping to use. I'm looking to get a point created through a geocode for each form after it is submitted. I'm trying to get this automated so it happens as soon as a user submits a form though i'm struggling to find the workaround to get this implemented. Is there any information you have that could assist me in getting this working?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Has the geocoder been published as a locator service?  If so, you could do geocoding automatically afterwards by using webhooks.  Otherwise, another way would be to create a python script that geocodes the new records and have that scheduled to run every hour (or other convenient time unit).

0 Kudos