Select to view content in your preferred language

How to display previously entered data within the survey?

Jump to solution
03-07-2024 02:09 PM
SophiaSmith
New Contributor

I am creating a Survey123 for an invasive species monitoring survey.

Currently I have one part of the survey for inventorying the plants as a repeat, so for each segment of the transect they can enter as many plants as they need to. One of the technicians who will be using the survey is requesting to be able to see all of the previously entered species for each transect displayed at the top, instead of having to scroll through the different pages of the repeat. Is there a way to have these previously entered species appear together at the top of the repeat? Or is scrolling through the pages of the repeat the only way to see what has previously been recorded?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use join() to show the list.

Running list at the bottom in a group Species Observed

DougBrowning_0-1709854876199.png

If you want to go farther and prevent repeating species like I do in my form see here for my updated code on how to do it.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-not-use-a-list-item-more-than-once/m...

I do this for our species richness form.  We do share the forms if interested just pm me since it is a gvt form just need to get approval.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use join() to show the list.

Running list at the bottom in a group Species Observed

DougBrowning_0-1709854876199.png

If you want to go farther and prevent repeating species like I do in my form see here for my updated code on how to do it.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-not-use-a-list-item-more-than-once/m...

I do this for our species richness form.  We do share the forms if interested just pm me since it is a gvt form just need to get approval.

Hope that helps.