How to avoid first character of a text field being 0? How to constrain the file so it can only accept pdf files?

Jump to solution
01-23-2021 10:47 AM
barry_quartz
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm building a survey in Survey123 Connect, and I have 2 main questions;

1. I need phone number information of people and, I want to collect it in a text field. How can I avoid the first character being zero, and how can I constrain the lenght by 10 character?

2. I have a file field but I could only accept pdf files. I know it is possible on web designer but I'm using Connect and I'm wondering if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

@IsmaelChivite 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barry,

For question 1, you could use body::esri:inputMask for the US phone nubmer format.

Please see the online doc for details.

Shwu-jingJeng_0-1611617421899.png

For question 2, currently, there is an internal enhancement request logged for this. 

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barry,

For question 1, you could use body::esri:inputMask for the US phone nubmer format.

Please see the online doc for details.

Shwu-jingJeng_0-1611617421899.png

For question 2, currently, there is an internal enhancement request logged for this. 

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

barry_quartz
New Contributor

Hi Shwu,

Thanks for your answers!

0 Kudos