Select to view content in your preferred language

How to add score for each question in a Sruvey123 quiz?

07-03-2023 11:50 PM
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

i have created a multiple choice quiz using survey123 connect and then currently managing it on survey 123 website. Each question has 4 choices through which the user can switch through even after finding the correct answer. I want to show the user the score he has for each question. It should be the correct answer over the total number of attempts he made for each question. and then finally at the end i want to show an aggregated score for the whole quiz.

Here is how a single question is made in the excel sheet:

RehanChaudhary_0-1688453346073.png

What's the best way to implement this? In the end i want to show score for each question and a total score for the whole quiz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Unless there is a JS solution I am unaware of (not unlikely), S123 doesn't keep a record of how many times a choice is selected. As a result, what you described above isn't directly possible. 

A possible workaround could look something like this though:

Toss a calculate after each select_one question to find their score. The calculate's contents depend on how you set up your form, but could look something like: if(selected${question_1},'B'),4,0) so if they answer "B", they get 4 points; otherwise, they get 0

Then you would simply have a final calculate to add up all the other calculates for a final score. Don't forget to set bind::type to decimal for all of the calculates.

Then, just allow them to take the quiz as many times as it takes for them to get 100% (since that seems to be the end goal?)

RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@abureaux thanks for suggesting the workaround. In which column should i put my if condition? and how should i manage the 100% score if i had to use that as a end goal. could you please clarify these things? 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your IF statement will go into the calculate column.

For example, the first two questions, plus the final SUM, could look something like this:

abureaux_1-1688653756820.png

Here is what it would look like in the form:

abureaux_4-1688653874404.png

And this would be what the hidden fields look like:

abureaux_3-1688653854786.png

0 Kudos