How to access Survey in web browser? Error: Please contact the survey owner to republish the survey with 'Create web form' enabled. Error: Missing

Jump to solution
07-08-2022 12:24 PM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

First-time Survey123 user here. I am running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and Survey123 Connect v 3.13.234. Opting to use Connect here since we need to include condition auto-calculations.

In Survey123 Connect, I have created a short survey and published it to my Portal. During publishing I selected Options > Create Web Form. 

Survey123_Publish.PNG

This survey is fully intended to be used by desktop users, no mobile devices. When I try to open the form from Portal, I get this error: This survey cannot be accessed in the web app. Please contact the survey owner to republish the survey with 'Create web form' enabled. Error: Missing 

If I go to the form's item page in Portal, select Manage in Survey123 Website, I get an error: The survey is not accessible or does not exist. Please ensure the signed in user (*********) can access this survey and that the survey link is correct.

The survey works fine in Connect, how do I access the survey via a web browser? I upgraded Connect to 3.15.165 and republished with the same results. I need to send the survey link to users to complete in a web browser. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds

I found the root cause was that my survey name in Connect contained spaces. If I save as with a new name, replace the spaces with underscores, the issue is resolved and I can now open the survey in a web browser.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tigerwoulds

I found the root cause was that my survey name in Connect contained spaces. If I save as with a new name, replace the spaces with underscores, the issue is resolved and I can now open the survey in a web browser.

0 Kudos