How is pull data updated?

06-11-2019 06:35 AM
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

I need to create a browser based survey that at first, searches through a list of addresses within our city.  I understand I can do this using a CSV and the pull data function but how is the data updated?  If I run a script to update the CSV do I have to republish the survey each time?

Scott

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the clarification.  Even though you are using the web form, could I ask you to check via the field app (Windows/Mac)?  You can access the files downloaded in <User Directory>/ArcGIS/My Surveys and see if they have been updated.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Ok, I installed the field app and ran the script again and it did put a new file in that folder but it's not providing any new addresses to select from. Do I need to name my file itemsets.csv so it overwrites the existing?  Screenshot below.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Scott,

The file needs to be named the same as specified in the pulldata function - if you are using the CSV file generated from the external choice list, then it would need to replace the itemsets.csv file

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Maybe that's where my disconnect is, because I was under the impression that I didn't actually need a pull data function here. My understanding was that the XLS form has a external choice list tab which creates a CSV, which can then be updated via the script.  Does the XLS form need to have the pull data function in it?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Scott,

If you're trying to update an external select, then you need to replace the itemsets.csv file directly - that file is the one used for external selects.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Do you mean manually replace the file or just rename (to itemsets.csv) the csv that's being used in the script?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Using the script, it would probably be easiest to rename the CommunityAddresses to itemsets so that it overwrites the file.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I did that and the script runs successfully but the file doesn't update.  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Scott,

The file you are showing is interesting - it indicates that it was made tomorrow?  

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Yeah that obviously didn't make any sense either but wasn't sure it applied.  Or maybe more accurately I was baffled by it so I decided to ignore it

0 Kudos