How does one survey update two feature classes?

Jump to solution
06-06-2022 11:53 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using the survey from the Conservation Easement Monitoring solution as a model for creating a custom survey for an in-house project. This Survey123 Connect survey allows users to create points in two different feature classes:  ConservationEasementSurvey and ObservationPoints. I'd like to do the same thing, but I cannot figure out where/how to connect a single survey to two different feature classes. The closest I can get is via viewing the Schema of the existing survey, but there doesn't appear to be any way to modify that.

Has anyone done something like this? I'm not sure if calling Tech Support would help or not.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The ObservationPoints is a related layer. In Survey123 Connect, adding a repeat adds a related table or layer (depending on if you include geometry). To create your own version that each contains points, you would create your survey and add a geopoint question. Then you would add a repeat with a geopoint question inside of the repeat. 

Here is a good introduction to repeats in Survey123: Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Repeats 

- Jen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Amy

It seems that ConservationEasementSurvey and ObservationPoints should be related to each other? Is that the case? What you could try to do is to Save As the original survey in Connect to a new survey and just point it to the Feature Service that contains those two layers with the submission URL setting.

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The ObservationPoints is a related layer. In Survey123 Connect, adding a repeat adds a related table or layer (depending on if you include geometry). To create your own version that each contains points, you would create your survey and add a geopoint question. Then you would add a repeat with a geopoint question inside of the repeat. 

Here is a good introduction to repeats in Survey123: Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Repeats 

- Jen
0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to repoint the hosted feature service so that the survey writes into a Server/Portal feature service? Asking more out of curiosity than necessity at this point. 

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You should be able to do that using the submission_url field. It's a little trickier, as you would need to create your layers first and then ensure your survey exactly matches the layer (field names, field types, field length). 

Working with existing Feature Services in ArcGIS Survey123 

- Jen
0 Kudos