How do I reduce repeat questions (notes/photos)

08-01-2018 02:31 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Have a survey that has 20 groups with a total of 69 questions spread out over the groups.  Each question is answered by a yes-no-n/a select one.  Each question has corresponding "Text" and "Image" field types with a relevant statement: ${name} does not equal "Yes".  

Is there a way to reduce the number of "Text" and "Image" fields?  Because I am having difficulty utilizing the Beta Print function due to the number of NULL fields associated with the survey.

I grouped the questions because it was overwhelming in the field to look at...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oscar,

When you ask "Is there a way to reduce the number of "Text" and "Image" fields?" what are you referring to, where do you want to reduce the number of fields, do you mean in the custom report template or in your xlsx form design?

Phil.

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Reduction in the design of the survey.  As shown below each question was developed with a corresponding text and photo fields when a No or N/A is chosen.  Is there a way to have a single text and photo field for all 69 questions? Thinking of a repeat or relevant quite possibly.  Remember the 69 questions are also split up between 20 groups.

• Question 1
    • Answer "No or N/A"
    • Text field opens for comments
    • Photo field opens for evidence
  • Question 2
    • Answer "No or N/A"
  • Question 3
    • Answer "No or N/A"
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oscar,

Using a repeat (or groups of repeats) would be ideal for this scenario. Basically the repeat creates a related table to the parent layer, which contains the single text question and image field, and then each time the user adds a new record to repeat they can enter data into those 2 fields. If you have a set number of times to ask the same group of questions, you can set a repeat_count (ie 69). You can also put repeats in groups and vice versa. That way you only have to create the questions once in the related table.

Phil.

0 Kudos