Select to view content in your preferred language

Hide Geopoint Map in Survey123

Jump to solution
07-12-2018 12:58 PM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Looking to hide the Geopoint map in Survey123. Need to collect the location of the user from the coordinates that I'm passing to Survey via the custom URL. I do not want the user to see or edit these coordinates.

Any solutions out there?

14 Replies
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Figured it out! If the geopoint is set to required and I pass in coordinates via URL, the map displays in the web version

0 Kudos
StephenCox
New Contributor II

I also wanted to "hide" the Geopoint Map from my users, but still generate the coordinates in the table.

My solution at this point is to do a pulldata request on the 'geopoint' generating my X/Y coordinates in the table. I then placed the 'geopoint' within a 'group' and then set the appearance as 'compact'. While the map is not gone, it does require the user to open the group to see the map.

It's not perfect, but I am satisfied.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Thanks I'll give it a shot. I'm surprised how hiding the map all together isn't an option.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried to create the form that you are passing information into via the custom URL within Survey123 Connect and leave out the "Geopoint" question itself? I have posted a few surveys to ArcGIS Online without a "geopoint" question and then I use the custom URL to pass information from a different form into this form.Then I turn around a pass additional information from this form into a completely new form for other data capture.

Survey123 Connect will automatically create the point feature class within the Hosted Feature Service(HFS) and this new point will be named exactly what the "form_id" contains under the settings tab. I would think that you would be able to use the coordinates from the previous form as the x= and y= portion of the custom URL; which should place a new location without the map present in the survey form. If this doesn't work, then do not tell the Survey123 team as it is working for me.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I will keep this in the back of my mind but my current flow is working fine now. I'm just showing the map in my survey and locking the user out from doing anything. Thanks for the info

0 Kudos