Select to view content in your preferred language

Group disappears with my relevant statement

Jump to solution
05-24-2023 12:46 PM
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to get groups to display based on a select multiple question. If the user selects a Module, I want the group associated with that module to be available to the user. The issue I am having is when I set up one relevant statement it works, but when I have multiple relevant statements, the groups disappear. What am I doing wrong?

Working with one relevant statement:

dwold_0-1684957381333.pngdwold_1-1684957397880.png

Not working with multiple relevant statements:

dwold_2-1684957473565.pngdwold_3-1684957525441.png

Notice the pages decrease when multiple are checked

@DougBrowning 

@jcarlson 

@Katie_Clark 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaSharp-Heward

Hi,

When you want to do calculations based on a select multiple question you want to use the "selected" function here:

JoshuaSharpHeward_0-1684996862657.png

as the way data is stored in a select multiple question is all of the options selected concatenated with a ',', which means your relevant calculations are failing when multiple are selected because it's equating to '"data_library,stablization" = "stablization"' which will return as false.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoshuaSharp-Heward

Hi,

When you want to do calculations based on a select multiple question you want to use the "selected" function here:

JoshuaSharpHeward_0-1684996862657.png

as the way data is stored in a select multiple question is all of the options selected concatenated with a ',', which means your relevant calculations are failing when multiple are selected because it's equating to '"data_library,stablization" = "stablization"' which will return as false.

Hope this helps!

dwold
by

@JoshuaSharp-Heward that worked. Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

0 Kudos