Geoshape Question on Android devices Not Working

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 08:53 AM
cbolen
by
New Contributor III

For a form designed within Survey123 Connect, field users are not able to collect / map a polygon for a geoshape question. Survey works fine for field folks on iOS devices, but not on Android devices (Juniper Systems CT8 and Samsung Galaxy Active2). The initial polygon icon has a cross through it and does not open up on the Android devices.

I have also tested to see if defining capture methods to vertex or sketch. This did not fix the problem either. Any thoughts or known issues?

S123 Connect version 3.12.232

Attached is a simple test survey used to troubleshoot.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi cbolen,

Could you have the field users to confirm that when they see the cross through the polygon icon, are their log in staus being offline?

You will see that cross on the polygon icon when the log in status is offline. This should not be the device specific issue as my Samsung Galaxy Active2 has no issue to capture polygon using your sample when the log in status is online.

Please have the field users to check the login status first to narrow down the issue.

View solution in original post

cbolen
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! That was the missing tip that had me confirm that the field crew had downloaded the linked map. Once downloading the linked mmpk they could work offline and collect polygons. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi cbolen,

Could you have the field users to confirm that when they see the cross through the polygon icon, are their log in staus being offline?

You will see that cross on the polygon icon when the log in status is offline. This should not be the device specific issue as my Samsung Galaxy Active2 has no issue to capture polygon using your sample when the log in status is online.

Please have the field users to check the login status first to narrow down the issue.

cbolen
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! That was the missing tip that had me confirm that the field crew had downloaded the linked map. Once downloading the linked mmpk they could work offline and collect polygons. Thank you!

0 Kudos