Geocode appearance in surveys and credit usage

03-30-2023 02:25 PM
Tiff-Maps
New Contributor III

Hello! I have a couple of public surveys that aim to collect information about features. For those adding records, this involves geocoding based on the address. I also have an internal survey where we review those additions. In the internal survey, it also contains a geocode appearance, where the purpose is to confirm that the address is accurate and not filled in incorrectly.

My question is does this internal survey run the geocoding process again (and thus use up credits) even if that address doesn't change? I am assuming that it does, but I am not sure if there is a way to mitigate this so that the same location doesn't potentially get geocoded twice (unnecessarily).

Appreciate any and all suggestions thank you!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Tiff-Maps

Editing survey responses does run the findAddressCandidates request(s) again but it does not charge credits for those requests. We actually have BUG-000143512 logged which may provide a little more information about what's happening when geocoding in Survey123. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Tiff-Maps
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information! Is that unintentional and only the case due to the bug? It would be ideal for our purposes to not charge credits for editing records since many times it will be exactly the same (and we would not want to be charged multiple times for the same location).

0 Kudos