Format Report Template Survey123

08-08-2019 12:53 PM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to format the report template that you can feed into Survey123 feature report. Right now I'm just listing all of my fields down one side the word document but I want to make a table of my data (and potentially make it look more like an invoice). When I try to accomplish this in the word document it appears that Survey123 doesn't observe these formatting operations.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

You certainly should be able to format the word document with tables - there are several examples of that. Could you share your current docx file?

YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Joe,

Please review example of survey 123 template in tabular format attached.

Overview of supported expressions in Survey 123 templates - Feature report templates—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Hope it helps.

joerodmey
MVP Alum

Thanks James Tedrick and Yulia Mamonova

I'm also looking at including related records (from a repeat in my form) within the report. Have either one of you accomplished this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

Yes, you can include related record (repeat) information in the form.  The syntax to begin a section is 

${#repeat_name}

You can then include fields that occur in the repeat, and fields from the parent layer by specifying ${table_name.field_name}.

A repeat section is ended with

${/repeat_name}

You should see this pattern if you generate a sample template from the form with a repeat.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Perfect.

Can the feature report template accept calculations? For example just say I want to pull in a quantity value and a unit cost value. Can I tell the template to calculate the total cost using those values and simple multiplication? James Tedrick

Thanks