Select to view content in your preferred language

First Page Repeats after clicking Next on Web App Only

Jump to solution
12-21-2021 10:01 AM
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

Good morning.

I am working on a fairly straight forward survey to track vehicle time.  The survey is basically made up of 3 pages.

Page 1: has the employee information.  I'm using pick lists, and pulling data from the Choices sheet as well as from an external CSV.  This should be a 1:1 relationship where 1 employee is assigned 1 vehicle, and also all of the information provided here will be valid for all entries on the other pages.

Page 2: This is a bit more complicated.  Users enter the project information and equipment used/hours used.  The user can enter multiple projects (so that is a repeat), and multiple vehicles per project (a repeat nested within the projects repeat).  This all seems to be working just fine.

Page 3: This just shows the total hours submitted as a read only, and provides the user a place to sign off on the hours.  This is simple, and also works just fine.

The issue I am having is on Page 1.  In the web app, after filling out page 1, and clicking "Next", page 1 shows up again, completely filled in.  If I hit "Next" again, it moves onto page 2.  There is no repeat on this page, and everything else seems to work fine after clicking "Next" for a 2nd time.  This behavior is not consistent across apps either.  In Connect 3.13.251, and in Survey123 Field App 3.13.244 it works as expected, so the only place I've been able to reproduce the issue is in the Web App using either Chrome or Edge.

I've attached scrubbed xlxs, and csv used in the survey.  Any insight into a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karim

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @santamariaa ,

Thanks for sharing this. The bug you mentioned is caused by a question being placed outside of a group with the field-list appearance, which is not supported usage as outlined in our documentation: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformsappearance.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_8BFD...

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1708328522329.png

If you need to place the image ahead of pages, please change the name of this note to "generated_note_form_title", and move the image link to the hint column. This will change the note to a form element, and the hint of this note will become the description of the survey. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformnotes.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_31E80EF0A3...

Here is an example:

Ruth_JiatengXu_2-1708329334947.png

generated_note.gif

If this is not the issue you encountered, could you please share a sample XLSForm with us so I can investigate further?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos