Fields not found in feature service

05-11-2018 01:29 PM
EricBitner
New Contributor

I created a survey from an existing feature service.  I added questions, changed types of questions.  When I go to publish the survey I get an error. The error reads "3 field(s) not found in feature service".

1) How do I fix this or what did I do to cause the problem?

2) how do I figure out which fields the errors are coming from?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

You said you were modifying all day but the feature service is the same. There are so many questions here.

1. Are you cutting and pasting fields from the original location into a repeat? 

If so remember that Survey123 needs a new name for the repeat, Survey123 sees it as a duplicate, because the feature service still holds on to the field.

You might want to move your project survey123 folder (mine is here C:\Users\USERNAME\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs) to your desktop as a backup, and redownload the good version from Connect. Make changes and publish after each change, so you can see what is breaking the survey. I had to do this before and you will learn a lot about what you can and can't do. Mine was that I used a name that wasn't allowed. 

I'll watch for your reply.

0 Kudos
SianDoherty1
New Contributor III

Thanks Michelle Williams 

I think I ended up fixing it but I tried that many things that I am unsure as to what I actually did to fix it.

I now have a different problem where if I test from the webmap in AGOL on the desktop it sends the GlobalID to a field called parentGlobalID and it works. If I launch the survey from the same URL in either Explorer on Android or the iPad then it doesn't actually send and populate the field. I'm not sure why there would be a difference. I'm launching the survey123 app in windows and launching the field app in both iOS and Android. It's a problem relating to the same survey but slightly different to this so i might ask a new question.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

James Tedrick could you help Sian with this issue?

Sian, James is one of Esri's Jedi.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sian,

How are you creating the URL to open Survey123?  

0 Kudos