Feature report templates throwing error

Jump to solution
05-21-2020 02:46 PM
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

I have built 32 feature report templates all based on 1 original document.  All reports have been working correctly.  This week 3 of my reports have suddenly started throwing the below error:

Status
Failed
Error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Cannot read property 'value' of undefined

There is no 'value' field and the word 'value' does not even appear on the templates.  Why is this happening?  Will all my reports become unusable?

Reports attached....  Please help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌ 

Thanks for the advice.  In the end we discovered it was multiple image placeholders wrapped by ${if} statements on the same line of the template.  When moved to separate lines the statements worked as expected.

I requested that this error be picked up by the syntax check in future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt, apologies for the delay in response.  I'll note that we have released an update to the feature report service, so please re-test if possible.  Aside from that, the error indicates that some value is missing, not necessarily a field called 'value'.  I would expect this most likely to be present around a calculation or comparison; I see that your templates have some ${if} statements that might want to be checked.  I would also suggest filing an issue with Esri Support to work on troubleshooting this.

0 Kudos
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌ 

Thanks for the advice.  In the end we discovered it was multiple image placeholders wrapped by ${if} statements on the same line of the template.  When moved to separate lines the statements worked as expected.

I requested that this error be picked up by the syntax check in future.

0 Kudos