Favorite answers problem

04-12-2022 11:33 AM
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

Has something happened to the favorite answers function with the last Survey123 update? It has always worked fine, but last Saturday on the trail, it would not paste in a couple saved items. The other items were fine, but I could not make it save those two. Up to this point (like for 4 years) the favorite answers have worked perfectly. I thought it might be my phone, but the same thing happened on the same day to someone using the same survey 25 miles away. He wasn't saving one of the items I was missing, but the item that was failing for him was the same as the other one that was failing for me.

I uninstalled Survey123, then reinstalled it, and when I try to save the same answers, the same item fails. Seems like it has to be either a Survey123 update issue or an Android update issue. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9.

Addition:

I just did an experiment on an old Samsung Galaxy S7, which I sometimes use as a data collector. It can't upgrade past Android 8.0. I saved the same answers as before and they pasted into a new record correctly. I am beginning to suspect the last Android update on my S9 (running Android 10.0) is the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

I just checked the version of 123 on the S7 and the version was 3.12.277. So I updated to 3.14.242 and went through the same routine. It did the same thing as last Saturday and this morning. Now I'm back to thinking it's the Survey123 update, not Android.

0 Kudos
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

I just tried the same routine on an S10e running Android 12 with the current version of 123. exactly the same issue. 

0 Kudos