external select no longer working on web survey

01-15-2019 07:52 AM
EvaSalinas1
New Contributor

I have a survey that has both a webpage component and mobile phone component which both feed into the same back end. We published our last updates in August 2018 and in early november we received reports of the web app no longer having proper functionality. 

the issue seems to be that the webapp is not properly accessing the external select list in the excel spreadsheet while this still works fine in the mobile app / survey connect/ survey 123 for arcgis.

if you need any clarity feel free to ask -- i really want to figure out how to get the web survey back up and running. is there another option if external selects do not work? because the issue is we have to store a lot of data (individual species) and at the creation of the survey the external select route allowed for the app to run smoothly without lag.  

Edit: The external select functionality in teh webform works using survey 123 ver 2.5.44, but the webform published using 3.1.126 version the functionality is broken.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue. The web version of the survey doesn't even load. I get a "Cannot read property '0' of null" error. It worked in the previous version, but hasn't since I upgraded to 3.1.126.

I've tried removing all of the groups that I had created, as well as the cascading selects. Still no luck in getting the survey to work again.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi April,

Can you share the survey XLSX?  And just to check, you are seeing this in a newly republished version of the survey, or the original survey?

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

Sure can! 

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

James, were you able to find any issues with my survey?

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eva,

Can you share the survey XLSX?  And just to check, you are seeing this in a newly republished version of the survey, or the original survey published at 2.5?

0 Kudos
EvaSalinas1
New Contributor

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
EvaSalinas1
New Contributor

Wondering if you have had the chance to take a look at the data? thanks very much!

0 Kudos