External choice list not working

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 03:55 PM
PaulMurphy1
New Contributor II

I am trying to add a list of employees to a survey. The list is too long to add to the choices worksheet, and will be constantly evolving. So I am trying to create an external choice list (not an external select) as per: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformessentials.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_34A4D...

However, the drop down is greyed out and it does not work correctly in Connect. I have attached a sample of what I am doing. Any ideas?

And if this won't work, how can I best reference the external csv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulMurphy1
New Contributor II

...sigh

Problem found. Was not using the most recent version of Survey123 Connect. Reinstalled with v3.11.123 and the external choice list is now working correctly.

When you said it was working for you, I figured something was up. Sorry I didn't realize this sooner. I thought I had misconfigured something.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Your form is working fine for me when I try.  Just to check, is the names.csv inside the form's 'media' folder?

0 Kudos
PaulMurphy1
New Contributor II

Yes, names.csv is inside the 'media' folder.

0 Kudos
PaulMurphy1
New Contributor II

...sigh

Problem found. Was not using the most recent version of Survey123 Connect. Reinstalled with v3.11.123 and the external choice list is now working correctly.

When you said it was working for you, I figured something was up. Sorry I didn't realize this sooner. I thought I had misconfigured something.

Thank you!

0 Kudos