Exporting from a web map imbedded into a dashboard

05-09-2022 07:22 AM
KatieQuantrell
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have created a web mapping application (using Web AppBuilder) which enables the attribute table for the layers it contains to be viewed at the bottom of the map screen, and the data exported to csv via the 'Options' button at the top of the attribute table. Which works as expected.

However I have then imbedded this map as a tab in a AGOL dashboard (so its accessible to users in the same place as other dashboard summary data), but it now appears that you can no longer export the data to csv? I still get the option to export the data as above, but on confirming 'OK' nothing then happens?

Is this a bug or is there any reason why you can't export data from a web map once its embedded into a dashboard? 

Grateful for any advice,

Katie 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have encountered the same issue and Interested if you ever found a resolution to this problem.  I can export just fine from the Survey123 app managed through a web browser , however the export function does not work properly after I have embedded the survey into a Dashboard for our group users .  

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
KatieQuantrell
New Contributor II

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution to this, and as a work around ended up providing the end users with access to a view of the feature layer to enable them to export the data from there. Wasn't ideal though. 

I have also since found a similar issue with the download functionality within a dashboard element, if the dashboard is then imbedded into another dashboard (i.e. to group several dashboards together).

Sorry I can't be much help therefore, and will try and raise these as a potential bug. 

0 Kudos