Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting Field Map or Survey123 data WITH Pictures

08-13-2024 10:20 AM
ljanin10
Emerging Contributor

Hello! I work on a farm and am looking to create a SIMPLE app that allows the user to collect basic ideas in the field and be able to attach a picture. I have created the app, in both Field Maps and Survey123. The issue I am having is exporting the pictures. I see that you can download the pictures individually, but my end goal is for this data to feed into a powerbi dashboard automatically (with pictures), so downloading a picture separately won't work for me in this case. Is there a way to include the picture in the download? Is Survey123 or Field Maps a better option for this or is based on preference?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannesVogel
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ljanin10 , first of all I'm not sure if you should export your data to use them in Power BI, you can also connect your map/data into Power BI. You can also use the instant app Attachment Viewer  thats been made for exact that use case. If you want more dashboard elements you can use ArcGIS Dashboards with the details element from your existing webmap.

But if you still want to export, you can use in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 this tool. If you are running an older version of ArcGIS Pro - there is help as well.

From all what I understood, a simple webmap to use in Field Maps is enough, nevertheless in Survey123, there are fancy automation options for the image capture like watermarks etc.

0 Kudos