Existing Feature Class Used in Survey123 Not Sending Data Back to EGDB

08-30-2022 07:05 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I've got a feature class in my Enterprise GDB with 2500 records. I used it to create a survey in Survey123 Connect a couple of years ago. I've got webmaps in Collector where the pop-ups include a link to the survey and data is auto-populated in some of the fields, as well as the data point being placed in the same X,Y location.

It all worked great until I had to make an update that caused me to re-share the service in ArcPro 2.9. ArcPro gave me an error that I had to enable Replica Tracking in order to continue. I did so and my service became corrupted and no longer works.

I've spent 3 weeks with Esri Tech Support trying to get the process working again. I've now got the new service successfully shared and linked to my Survey123 and webmaps. But any change made or new point added via Collector or S123 does not appear in my EGDB, and vice-versa. I've got Archiving, Global IDs, Editor Tracking, No Attachments, SupportsGlobalEdits=True

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try next? Tech Support keeps having me create a new service and go through the whole process again, but it always fails in the same place.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AprilChipman

Just to confirm the feature service in your ArcGIS Enterprise organization doesn't have the word Hosted next to it correct? 

ZacharySutherby_0-1661907458272.png

If not do you have other data coming from the same EGDB running into the same issue or do you see feature changes reflected between the EGDB and ArcGIS Enterprise with other feature classes? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
AprilChipman

I've shared it as a Hosted Feature Layer.

AprilChipman_0-1661951639657.png

I've read through the documentation enough now that I'm confused - does it need to be a hosted layer in Portal in order to work with Survey123?

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

I'm still having problems with this. Is there a requirement for the geodatabase version that gets implemented when sharing a service? I've got the process working on another feature layer in the same GDB. It just doesn't make any sense. Tech Support is still stumped.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

@IsmaelChivite @JamesTedrick 

Do you guys have any further instructions on how to deal with replica tracking and archiving and non-versioned data? Tech Support is stumped.

0 Kudos