Error while loading & updating survey in Survey123 Connect

02-09-2022 01:37 PM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, 

I started seeing survey loading & updating errors while using Survey123 Connect v.3.12.230.

Once I open or save a xlsx form to update forms, it's hanging for long - like hours and I had to force it shut down. I tried to find log files but the folder seems empty. 

This started happening yesterday while I was working on second survey of the existing feature layer that includes a repeat group, and now it appear to all surveys. 

KerryKang_0-1644442087510.png

Can someone direct me how I can isolate where the issue comes from? I've also tried to update the Survey123 Connect to the version 3.13 but there was an installation error - installation window disappeared in the middle of installation (about 60%).

Thank you.

Kerry

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KerryKang,

Are you able to share your XLSForm (xlsx file and any files from media/scripts folder) so we can see if we can reproduce the issue. Does it only happen on this one computer, have you tried to use Connect with same survey on another computer?

Also, did you make any changes or do any updates on your computer when you started having these issues?

As for the 3.13 Connect installation error, can you expand on that more, what error did you get? Was Connect 3.12 closed before trying to update? Can you try uninstall 3.12 first, restart computer, and then download the latest .exe from resources page and try and install again?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @Anonymous User 

I've included the original xlsx form that used to publish the feature layer. And the error started happening when I create a second survey from the feature layer created by this survey form. I am not sure if something is really wrong in the form because I have an error while accessing the feature layer. I can see the data from the item page, but it does not load in the map. A funny thing is that the view layer works, but the original feature layer does not seem.

And here is more information

Does it only happen on this one computer, have you tried to use Connect with same survey on another computer? 

==> I have 3.13 version on another machine, and it seemed working fine.

Also, did you make any changes or do any updates on your computer when you started having these issues?

==> No changes were made.

As for the 3.13 Connect installation error, can you expand on that more, what error did you get?

==> The installation windows disappears without showing any error message.

Was Connect 3.12 closed before trying to update?

==> Connect 3.12 was closed.

Can you try uninstall 3.12 first, restart computer, and then download the latest .exe from resources page and try and install again?

==> I have not tried uninstalling 3.12 as I understood overwrite works now. I currently use a remote desktop so I'd like to try that when I am in the office. I have some experience that somehow the machine was not back on properly and could not access my work computer.

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KerryKang,

Having a look at your XLSForm, it is actually a very small, simple survey, with nothing complex that would slow it down. On my Windows 11 Surface Book 3 the survey opens/refreshes in 2.5 secs in Connect. See below screenshot.

It sounds as though the remote desktop session you are running Survey123 on is having an issue (is it a VM or physical machine?). The Survey123 installation could be corrupted or some other resources and/or memory on the remote desktop session are causing issues with Connect. 

As mentioned above I would suggest to restart the VM or physical machine, try and uninstall Survey123 Connect and field app completely, and install the latest 3.13 release versions. You can also try with the 3.14 RC versions available from Early Adopter Community which will be released soon.

PhilipWilson_0-1644539223253.png

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos