Error: Initialing Form...

01-31-2019 11:34 AM
EricMoody
New Contributor III

Ran into a little bit of a speed bump on a Survey we are trying to embed in our office's web site.... After customizing the ROW Permit Solution for Local Government to suit our needs and ironing out the bugs to get it published, I ran into this issue when I try to open it the Survey123 website,

Error: Initialing Form...

• TypeError: Unable to get property 'nodeName' of undefined or null reference

Haven't ran across anything similar in the forums to help troubleshoot, so I'm at a standstill on this project now.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Did you create this survey using the web designer or Survey123 Connect? 

If Survey123 Connect, could you please upload the XLSForm that was used?  Alternatively, you can send it to me at barmstrong at esri.com. 

If it was the web designer, please send a share link to access the web form.  If you would prefer email, rather than uploading your XLSForm or sharing the url here, please let me know in the email and I can provide you with my AGOL username that you can invite to a group and share there.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric Moody,

After taking a look at the XLSForm that you sent me, I noticed that you have a now() calculation in the default column for a dateTime question.  Although this does work appropriately in the Survey123 field app and should not cause issue when loading in the web app, it appears to be the culprit in this case.

Try to move the now() calculation to the 'calculation' column for your dateTime question and republish your survey.  After doing so, load the web app and see if the error persists.  In the meantime, we will look into what might be triggering the error in further detail.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos