Error converting XLSForm

02-08-2022 11:17 AM
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

I cannot figure out what is causing this error message when I try to validate my Survey123 form. The error message is attached as well as my form. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Amanda,

It looks like the error message in your JPG is cut off, and the XLS Form PDF is a bit hard to read (for me at least) since the calculations overlap into other cells and it's a static format so I can't change cell widths.

Could you possibly provide the full text of the error message, and also provide the XLS Form in table format?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

b'ODK Validate Errors:\n>>Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.\nDependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate\n\nResult: Invalid'

Above is what the error states below the Error Title: Error converting XLSForm

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have a loop here

pulldata("@javascript","function_nextid.js","Brant Lake Challenge Finisher Survey",${finisher_number})

You cannot give finisher_number to a function then get a value back into that same field.  The would create an endless loop.  

Dependency cycles can be hard to understand so I hope that makes sense.

AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Hello @Katie_Clark  and @DougBrowning 

Overall, this is what I am trying to do. I created a survey in the web version initially which I have connected with integromat for sending an email to the survey submitter with an attachment including a Completion Certificate. On that Completion Certificate - which is a report from Survey123 - there is a spot where it says the Finisher Number, meaning the number of which they completed the challenge. For example, 1,2,3 and so on. At first I was using the ObjectID field as the identifier for that Finisher Number, but after reading some more and of course doing tests of my integromat scenario, when I wish to go live with my survey, the Certificate Finisher Number will not be accurate since I cannot delete ObjectID's. I than came across a feed on ESRI community talking about using Javascript and Survey123 Connect to get this to work. My plan was to have an auto incrementing field in my survey123 form which I can than use in the report or Certificate that is then sent to the survey submitter. 

Please let me know your thoughts, much appreaciated!!

-Amanda

0 Kudos