Error can't upload report template

03-14-2019 05:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a form, added three new fields for signature and updated the template but while I want to upload it keeps giving me an error saying "Cannot read property 'layerName' of undefined"

Any advice or solution?

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sayed,

Is this form being created using Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 Web Designer?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

The form has been created by Survey123 connect on may 2018.

There were two fields with text format, yesterday I changed them to image format and appearance as Signature, then added one another field for another signature as well.

After these changes I couldn't update the template.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Sayed,

Can you check that the form_id setting matches the feature service layer's name?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Yes that is untouched. Report section was working fine before applying the changes.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear James,

The problem is solve now. I renamed the two fields that I had changed back to the same format and labels as they were. Then I created other fields with image format (selected signature in appearance) to capture signatures. 

Thank you for your messages.

0 Kudos
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Hello James Tedrick,

I am now running into the same error but with a survey being loaded for the first time.  (No changes to field names).  The survey survey is built using Collector and I'm getting the error even with the default template created by Survey123.  I've attached the xls form for the survey along with the two look up files stored in the media folder.  I've searched for key words and anything else I could think of.  The survey works as expected but the report simply can't be created.  I've also tried creating reports with only one or two of the fields from the principal table and the same error occurs.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ingrid,

Jus to check, the issue is that the report template cannot be uploaded (not that the report fails to generate), which was the topic of this discussion?

0 Kudos
RobCahalan
New Contributor III

Ingrid, did you ever solve this issue?

I am having this same issue. I create a new survey in Survey123 Connect, publish the survey, fill out a survey and try to upload my template but receive this error "Error: Cannot read property 'layerName' of undefined"

I receive the same error on a "Download sample template:" form.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Rob,

Could I ask that you open an issue with Esri Support?  It sounds like there is an issue with the survey that you published that may relate to the name of the form or a repeat.